There are currently seven regional committees, which have been established for the functional areas of Education &Joint Seminar, Membership, Technical, Taxation, Publicity and Public Sector Financial Management.
The objectives of the Membership Committee include to:
- assist with broadening membership by identifying new and existing professional accountancy organisations within the Caribbean that are not represented within the ICAC grouping and encouraging these bodies to join the ICAC grouping;.
- ensure the harmonisation of entry requirements for membership as well as rules of professional conduct among ICAC member bodies (national accountancy institutes);
- proactively assist with and support the ongoing development of its member bodies;
- promote opportunities for members of the accountancy profession to participate for mutual and fraternal benefit; and
- encourage opportunities for collaboration and the sharing of resources and ideas, technical expertise, and best practices among ICAC member bodies.
The regional committees and their coordinating Institutes/Chairpersons for the 2016-2017 period are:
|#||Regional Committee||Member Institute||Chair|
|1||Education & Joint Seminar||Bahamas||Jasmine Davis|
|2||Information & Communication Technology||Belize||Shawn Mahler|
|5||Public Sector Financial Management||Eastern Caribbean||Andrea St. Rose|
|7||Technical||Trinidad & Tobago||Dwayne Rodriguez-Seijas|
ICAC Regional Committees and Terms of Reference
The regional committees of the ICAC were established to facilitate the implementation of the Institute’s strategic goals and objectives and in an effort to ensure broad-based representation and participation, each member body (national institutes) is invited to nominate a representative to serve on the ICAC regional committees. For a complete list of ICAC Committees and Representatives... ICAC REGIONAL COMMITTEES & TASKFORCE - 2016-2017